Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


4-3-13

So Samuel arose and went to Eli and said, "Here I am, for you called me." Eli answered, saying, "I did not call you, my son; lie down again." ... Then Eli perceived that the Lord had called the boy. Therefore Eli said to Samuel, "Go, lie down, and it shall be, if He calls you, your must say, 'Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening.'" So Samuel went and lay down in his place.
1 Samuel  3:6-9

Thank You, GOD, for assuring me that I am not accountable for other people's "telephone calls." It is my job to answer my own "wake-up calls" and to address the issues You raise with me about me. My own life is my responsibility, and I am accountable to You for surrendering my life to Your Power -- or not. To refuse always ends me up falling in a ditch, so I seek to live more wisely now, seeking Your counsel and following You as best I can. And to contend for truth as best I can in a world that has changed the meanings of words so that legalizing sin has become quite palatable.

Thank You for settling me into an attitude of gratitude for the lovely life that results from living in Your Arms. I cherish the quiet of this place, the health I have, and the health You so kindly restored for my husband. Beginning every day with You prevents me from answering other people's wake-up calls, though I can hear those phones ringing, and they are LOUD. What a gift, God, what a gift to hear Your still, small voice through earthquake, wind and fire and to simply bring my concerns to You in prayer. I receive Your gift of Quiet Time, and I open it with trust that You are able to get through the busy signals and party lines. Yo are able get Your calls answered, for You got through even to stiff-necked, hard-hearted me! With me, You not got through, but You also transformed my busy signal into an open line. What a gift!

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.

No comments:

Post a Comment