Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Contemporary Psalms

3-5-13

Wealth is worthless in the day of wrath, but righteousness delivers from death.
Proverbs 11:4

LORD, I thank You for freeing me from deadlines! And for revealing after these years that the word "dead" is contained in it for a reason. Thank You for the memories of being so busy that I resented one hour playing my part in a pretend "restaurant" created by my young son and his babysitter. I think of Ned wearing my apron, seating me at a table on the porch, offering me a hand-painted menu,  writing down my "order" on a note pad, and disappearing with it into the kitchen, where the sitter went into action, cooking like crazy to create my lunch. LORD! I remember being anxious because their "play" was taking WAY more time than I had left to meet my deadline. But now I see and smile. What a priceless memory, served on a silver platter, and what a revelation to see the word DEAD contained in the DEADlines.

This photograph was sent to me by Pamela Chandler, who saw it on the internet. Thank you, Pamela!



No comments:

Post a Comment