Monday, March 4, 2013

Contemporary Psalms

3-4-13

Whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for My sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.
Mark 8:35

LORD, I truly hope that I have at last finally shed many of my unwitting motives to please other people, rather than simply following You and saying what You have said. To some extent, I have surrendered all efforts to NOT offend, which is offensive to You, LORD, Who is a stumbling block (and always will be). We who know You LORD are to obtain the Mind of Christ and speak it forth as You open doors and beckon us to join You there. LORD, I thank You for revealing what You reveal; I thank You for assuring me that all I can do is all I can do, and that You intend my part to be played. And so I do, simply singing Your praises and telling of Your works -- day by day, one note at a time, hidden in the harmonies that enrich Your overall song.

This photograph is by Pamela Chandler. See more of her work on her Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment