Saturday, March 16, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


3-16-13

Keep watching and praying that you may not come into temptation. 
Mark 14:38

Father in heaven, I know that I must fix my eyes on my Savior, who alone is my Lord. Thank You, Christ Jesus, for choosing me to have spiritual sight! Thank You for imparting Your discernment, understanding of Your Word Writ, and wisdom to follow You rather than the wayward world and its paths into briar thickets and thorns. There is a cost foe this, Lord, but nothing compared to the price You paid for us. There is close accountability when I succumb to any of the word's ways: divisions of any kind, whether political or religious; leadership by men laboring under the dictates of their own hearts; correctness according to people and the traditions of men, rather than obedience to You. I am accountable, Lord, to You and to my brothers and sisters in Christ, foe either heeding what I hear from heaven -- or not. I am accountable (wittingly or unwittingly) refuse! Therefore, I come to You daily; daily I die to self in order that You may increase in me; daily I fix my eyes on You, Who beckons me across the waters on which I walk without sinking as long as I keep my eyes on You. Thank You, Father, for choosing me, a member of the human race of which we are all members and placing me into Christ, where I am a member of His Body, in which many are not. Yet!

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.

No comments:

Post a Comment