Friday, March 15, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


3-15-13

Know ye that the LORD, He is GOD: it is He that hath made us and not we ourselves; we are His people and the sheep of His pasture.
Psalm 100:3

So much in this country, in this world, in these days is frightening to me, LORD, but You tell me not to be afraid because You are The Shepherd, and I know this, and I know You are excellent at shepherding even this bleating sheep, which I remember clearly through the Evidence of the past. Therefore I am to be ready, not ensnared or entangled by the affairs of men, praying at all times and in all circumstances for Your Will to be done. And that is why I turn to You first thing each day, bringing the concerns raised in the course of events. Thank You for teaching me how to be informed without being lassoed, for helping me speak and vote according to Your Will, how to pray with forgiveness toward any who know not what they do. Thank You for opening Your Word Writ for those who hunger and thirst, thank You for Your daily Bread and for YOur sips of Living Water. Thank You for receiving my little life as a vessel in whom You desire to increase and flow and shine forth. I love letting go and letting You drive "the chariot." I love learning that the outcomes of what I think or say or do are not my job, but Yours. And so this day I joyfully release the reins and go for the ride!


This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.

No comments:

Post a Comment