Thursday, March 14, 2013

Contemporary Psalms

3-14-13

Evening and morning, and at noon, will I pray and cry aloud and 
He shall hear my voice.
Psalm 55:17

GOD on high, it is so gratifying when You reveal that You hear my prayers, that You are eager to perform Your Word, that what You tell us in secret You do nurture from the darkness into the light. It is in Christ and by Your Holy Spirit that I pray with thanksgiving and awe -- wonder -- to behold growth emerging in plants that appeared to be barren or even dead. Today I hear You saying to me, little ordinary me, "Thank you for bringing Me the tomb." It is true, LORD, You have walked right to the open cave: the stone has not only been rolled away; it has been crumbled into bits. I have seen with my own eyes the walls of Jericho falling down. I offer You this SHOUT in faith as I wait for the dust to settle clear that I may see the Holy Spirit actually arise. Arise, oh Spirit of God, and scatter the enemy like smoke, like wax melting before the fire. I sing Your praises, extolling You who rides on the clouds, the Father of the fatherless, the defender of widows, who sets the solitary in families and brings out those who are bound.

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.

No comments:

Post a Comment