Friday, February 8, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


2-8-13

Keep watching and praying that you may not come into temptation.
Mark 14:38

My praises need not be restrained, but almost everything else must be it seems You are saying, Lord. Therefore I remove my hands, lifting them off "the keyboard" of my life to go of man-handling these situations, to let YOU have Your way with them -- and with me. I remember Irene's advice about housekeeping, how we laughed when she said, "Don't touch the dust." Today I smile to realize that "Don't touch the dust" applies not just to housekeeping, but to my life in general. I believe You are saying, "HOLD" until the time when you say FIRE. It's the restraint You were showing my in playing Pachebel's Canon in D. It's the archer with the arrow loaded and the string of the bow pulled taut, but not releasing until You say FIRE. I stand ready, aimed, listening for Your timing to release Your Will Your Way. The only way I can hold fast in this position is to remember the evidence of the past. Thank You for increasing my trust in You ! I stand poised, aimed, and ready, listening for Your still, small voice to say "FIRE!"

This painting is by Veronica Benning. See more of her work on her Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment