Thursday, February 7, 2013

Contemporary Psalms



2-7-13

Take fast hold of instruction; let her not go; keep her, for she is thy life.
Proverbs 4:13

So easy it is, LORD, to forget that it is YOU Who is driving this "car" -- fueling it, steering it -- unless I forget that and start thinking it's me operating this vehicle and start trusting my skills, or my intuition, or my wits, or all of the above. ThankYou for showing me that the inevitable result of driving by human octane instead of by Your Power is this: CRASH. Thank You also for pointing out when I have inadvertently left You behind. Thank You for calling for me to turn back immediately. It is YOU I need aboard the ship of life -- not just for reaching the destination, but for the entire voyage. Thank You, holy triune GOD, for teaching me that it is ONLY in You, by You, and with You that we voyage safely and with joy. My hope is in You, Who Alone knows the Way, Who is the Way. It is a gift too great for me, and yet, You have chosen me to receive it. Thank You, GOD!

This painting is by Veronica Benning. See more of her wok on her Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment