Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Contemporary Psalms

2-6-13

Be ye doers of the word and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
James 1:22

Father in heaven, I come before Your throne in Christ and by Your Holy Spirit to proclaim my desire to seek You first and foremost, to hear Your Will and to heed it, to live Your truth instead of professing it or pretending to profess it. I ask to allow Your testimony of Living Waters to flow freely in me and from me to others, wherever I go. I ask You to penetrate Your Truth into situations that distort or deceive. Help me renounce this whole thing about political "correctness" -- to see that it is people-pleasing and UNpleasing to You, Holy God. I stand this day before You, proclaiming that  Intolerance has been wearing camouflauge, but You, oh Lord, have never been in that thing, and You are asking Your people to call it what it is. Thank You for revealing this and for strengthening me to be separated unto You.

This painting by Sheila Graham-Smith is called Outer Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment