Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Contemporary Psalms

2-5-13

He that is greatest among you shall be your servant.
Matthew 23:11

I am honored to carry forth the Spirit of God Who lives in me, abiding and guiding, flowing as freely as I will allow. I need to Let You live in me, Lord, and through me -- without apology or people-pleasing, without measuring for "results" in any way. May this vessel, this jar of clay, be Yours Lord -- You made it in my mother's womb; You retrieved it from a dangerous precipice overlooking a deep abyss, and now You inhabit it increasingly as I decrease, which is my prayer. Help me, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, to
tolerate how often this makes me "peculiar" rather than "popular" but You say, "Come out of Babylon" and be separate, and so I do. In Christ, I stand with arms extended, praising You, Holy Trine God, praising You with all that I have, and all that I ever will be, to the glory of my Lord and Savior, Jesus, the Christ.

This painting is by Veronica Benning, whose gorgeous work can be seen on her Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment