Monday, February 4, 2013

Contemporary Psalms

2-4-13

Abide in Me and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.
John 15:4

Lord, we are a day closer on the path that leads us to Heaven, where we will live FULLY in You, in Your Body, living stones, radiant in worship and adoration and praise. Oh God, may You use us for good, breaking open hearts to hear You singing, "Oh earth, earth earth, come into My Keeping, receive My redemption, and Live forever." May enlightenment and wonder flood the earthly places in which we have portrayed the plight of the human condition. May You reveal our need for You and birth a desperation for You, oh God! You so often come in a Gift of Desperation! I remember You saying to me once, "My people need to run out of COPE." May we peck our ways out of these hard shells and come into Your safe keeping, surrendered to Your care and Lordship. May we get in the Lifeboat  -- in Christ and by Your Holy Spirit, I thank You for making the way and for showing the way and for leading us through to safety in mist -- in the midst!

This painting was done with my grandmother's oil paints&brushes way, way, WAY, back in 1969 or 1970. I call it Wynken, Blynken and Nod.

No comments:

Post a Comment