Sunday, February 3, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


2-3-13

You have given me the shield of Your salvation, and Your right hand upholds me, and Your gentleness makes me great.
Psalm 18:35

Heavenly Father, I understand this "gentleness" and this "tenderness" through the piano-playing You have led me back into -- particularly in the Pachebel Canon in D in which it sometimes feels like I am restraining great, pulling horses and I need to concentrate hard to "hold back" my hands. And when I do this, the notes do not lurch forth ahead of where they are needed.  Instead, they land just beautifully and the sound is powerful -- even passionate. Gracious and  lovely, tender -- so tender that it almost breaks my heart. The same thing happens in playing the Moonlight Sonata. God, I just really thank You for showing me such fruit from remaining sensitive to Your pace and staying aligned with You -- not ahead even slightly, nor behind either. In this way, Your ministrations through me will be truly Yours -- tender and kind -- and sweet. Thank You, Holy Spirit, for living here inside; and Father, in Christ I ask that my little life might be devoted to honoring Your Son, the Tender Shepherd of all mankind. I bow before You, Holy Triune God, in grateful wonder and adoration.

This photograph by Jo Chaney is called The Beginning of an Ending. You can see more of her work at MainelyPhotography.com -- you will be glad you did!



No comments:

Post a Comment