Sunday, February 17, 2013

Contemporary Psalms




2-17-13

He that reproveth a scorner getteth to himself shame, and he that 
rebuketh a wicked man getteth himself a blot.
Proverbs 9:7

Thanks be to You, I am saved by Your Shed Blood and in the process of being sanctified by Your Resurrected Life in me. It is my prayer today, in Your Name, Jesus, that I will surrender my "self" completely and utterly to Your Lordship. I declare my desire to be surrendered to Your Power, in order that it may be You, not me, who goes forth from this little jar of clay. Exude from me, I pray, my Lord, my Savior! Thank You for telling me to resist any and all temptations to "argue" with others -- to simply be grateful for the trust I have in You, knowing that whatever I have asked for in Your Name is a prayer already granted in heaven. In bringing  all these things to You and leaving them at Your feet, I am relieved and joyful and free! I love knowing that mine is only to follow You wherever You lead; Yours is everything else, everyone else, anywhere and everywhere. Selah.


This painting is by Veronica Benning, who has many pieces of her work displayed on her Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment