Saturday, February 16, 2013

Contemporary Psalms

2-16-13

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
Psalm 23:4

Thank You, Lord, for sharing my grief when I remember all my unwitting sin, thinking my "concern" was from a caring heart, when it was only a heart full of doubt and unbelief, dishonoring to those I was concerned about and dishonoring to You, oh Savior AND Lord of All.  God, it was DIS-honoring  to You, but I did not realize it then, and now that I do, I could despair, but You say do not despair. You say it is all deleted from Your screen -- as far as the East is from the West. "It is finished," You say to me. Such good  news. Thank You, Lord, for the memories still live in my mind, but ow I know the reason: they are there to heighten my gratitude for Your Forgiveness. It is by Your Grace that I have been brought into Your green pastures, where there are no weeds or poisons, where Your still waters provide new life surrendered to Your care. Thank You, Lord, for this comfort -- a Blessed Assurance that calms me like still waters and fills me from the bottoms of my feet upward and outward I pray, to Your Honor and Glory!

This photograph is my Jo Chaney of MainelyPhotography.com
where you can see more of here work.

No comments:

Post a Comment