Monday, February 18, 2013

Contemporary Psalms

2/18/13

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want...
Psalm 23:1


Thank You, LORD, for putting faces onto a people who have caught Your scent and have heard Your Voice and have followed You out of the man-made construct into Your simple and intimate ways of gathering "outside the gate." LORD, I am not any wiser than anyone else, but I thank You for the opportunity to testify about Your tender shepherding. TENDER SHEPHERD! May it be Your Voice we hear and heed, not the wiles of the enemy to deceive and derail us from Your Care.

TENDER SHEPHERD, we accept with gratitude the fullness of Life in Your Mercy and Grace! We thank You for saving us and teaching us so gently to surrender completely and utterly to Your Power. Thank You for bringing us out of religion and religiosity into a walking, talking relationship with You, the Maker of the Universe. Thank You, thank You, thank You for relationship (yay yay yay!) and for surrender (yay yes yay!). I hear You saying to us, "Don't just say it -- do it." Thank You, Lord, for showing us how...

May we trust in You as we leave the fenced-in places and let You have Pre-Eminence in leading us. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, as I dwell in You, both now and forever.

This painting is by Veronica Benning. You can see more of her work on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment