Monday, December 29, 2014

Love Notes


Based on Zechariah 10:1-12:14, Psalm 149:1-4, Proverbs 30:32-33, Revelation 19:1-21.

Praise! Sing a new song! Assemble and rejoice with dancing, for your Maker will beautify the humble with salvation!

LORD, this is awesome every times I hear it -- that You whistle for us and gather us, for You are our redeemer. You will pour out Your spirit of grace and supplication upon Your people, whom You will; cause to see their need for You as Savior and LORD,

In that day, there will be great mourning in Jerusalem, as one mourns for an only son, and great grieving as one grieves for a firstborn. I can only imagine such excruciating and exquisite sorrow, and I don't even want to, as our son, Your son, the son You gave us is both first and only. Protect him, LORD, that nothing will come derail him from fulfilling the purpose for which You brought him forth. Breathe on him, O Spirit of God! Arise in him, I pray. Spirit of God, arise! I stand in the wings, watching and waiting for the rebirth of wonder. And I hear You saying to my heart, Praise! Sing a new song! Assemble and rejoice with dancing, for your Maker will beautify the humble with salvation!

This photograph is by Liz Burnell.

No comments:

Post a Comment