Sunday, December 28, 2014

Love Notes


Based on Zechariah 7:1-9:17, Psalm 148:7-14, Proverbs 30:29-31, Revelation 18:1-24.

I look to You, LORD, first and foremost, surrendering my self to You, emptying this vessel as empty as I can of self, offering it for filling by Your Holy Spirit increasingly. May Your purpose for my life be realized -- not mine. I offer You my living sacrifice, proclaiming that You are my sure tower and that my hope is in You, even when my world seems to have been turned upside-down.

You tell us that Your people are near You, that You will make us a blessing, that You are determined to do good to Jerusalem and the house of Judah. You say,"Do not fear," and so, we are prisoners of hope in You. We are Your flock, a flock of Your people. And we are like jewels of a crown, radiating a praise and adoration. How good and great it is to be Yours through Jesus, the Christ. We thrive in You, and we daily invite You to thrive in us. 

Thank You for these new wineskins and for the unceasing flow of Your new wine -- even upside-down!

This photograph is by Liz Burnell.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, and how precious it is when we allow ourselves to be cut and polished by the Master Jeweller, so that every tiny facet of our lives allows Jesus, the Light, the One who lives within us, to shine through us. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this comment! It really resonates in me. We ARE are living stones!

      Delete