Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Love Notes


Based on Habakkuk 1:1-3:19, Psalm 146:1-10, Proverbs 30:17, Revelation 12:1-18.

While I live I will sing praises to my GOD. This means I will praise Him forever, even when I no longer dwell in this tent, this earthsuit, for I live in Him and He in me, thanks be to Lamb Who Was Slain, who is also the Lion of Judah. 

Happy are we who belong to You, who have Your help, whose hope is in You, LORD, who made heaven and earth, the seax and all that is in them, who are in Your care and keeping. Your promises are awesome because You have taught us  to know that You keep truth and will do so forever. You have earned our trust! So we trust You to execute justice, free the oppressed, give food to the hungry, and sight to the blind. We trust You to free the captives, for we were prisoners once, but You came to us and You pulled us from the terrifible tangles in which we were ensnared.You carried us into Your f old, like lambs on Your shoulders. Happy are we who are loved by You, made righteouss by You, watched over by You, both now and forever.

In Your authority and by Your Holy Spirit powe, we pray for You to bring back many who unwittingly walk in the way of the wicked. We know You desire to relieve the fatherless and the widows, that You watch over every relative, friend, and stranger. We know that You will march through the land in indignation and trample the nations in anger and that the wicked You will turn upside down. Therefore our prayer is for them who are just like we were once: that You will go forth for their salvation as Your people, with Your Anointed One, as You did for us.

Though the fig tree may not blossom nor fruit be on the vines, though the labor of the olive may fail and the fields yield no fruit, though the flock may be cut off from fold and there be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD; I will JOY in You, O GOD of my salvation. For You are my strength! You will make my feet like deer's feet; You will make me able to walk surefooted, even on steep, craggy, high hills.

As I hear this, my body trembles, for the vision is yet for an appointed time. But at the end, it will speak, and it will not lie. You say to us, "Though it tarry, wait for it." We are to behold the proud whose souls are not upright in them. Pray for them to be transformed by faith, justified and made just to live by faith in GOD, not wearying themselves in labor to feed the fire, not laboring in vain. 

The earth will be filled with the knowledge of the LORD. Though it tarrries, we are to wait for it, because it will surely come. Blessed are we who have been given ears to hear and eyes to see! Blessed are we, forgiven sinners, purposed to offer Him, the Bread of Life, to others. Blessed are we to Live roam and rummage in this world of woe, The Lost and Found.

This photograph is by Joe Sina.






No comments:

Post a Comment