Sunday, October 5, 2014

The Fall (Pun Intended) of 2008




Through my daily readings back in The Fall of 2008, God was basically saying to me, “I have told you.”  So I started to record in my journals what He told me then, and I am sharing these on my blog under the label The Fall (Pun Intended) of 2008. As always, honest sharing and civil discourse are most welcome.

God on high, Your scriptures seem to be winding down, but a few are still screaming:

Those who forsake the law praise the wicked, but such as keep the law contend with them (Proverbs 28:4).

But know this, that in the last days perilous days will come. For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters… proud, headstrong…haughty… having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!  For this sort are always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth (2 Timothy 3:1-7).

All who desire to live godly in Christ will suffer persecution (2 Timothy 3:12). I hope in Your word. Depart from me, you evildoers, for I will keep the commandments of my God! I hate the double-minded (Psalm 119:113-115).  [Oswald Chambers adds, “The man who does not put God first in his calculations is always double-minded”]. Evil men do not understand justice [or holiness], but those who seek the Lord understand all (Proverbs 28:5).

I will cause Elam to be dismayed before their enemies and before those who seek their life. I will bring disaster on them. With continual weeping they shall come and seek the Lord their God.  They shall ask the way to Zion. (Jeremiah 49:37 and 50:4-5),

Lord, You seem to be saying that Babylon refers to the illegitimate son, Ishmael, and his descendants – and also to “the world of worldliness” that gives no heed to You. Our  nation, America, has become worldly]: At the noise of the taking of Babylon, the earth trembles and the cry is heard among the nations (Jeremiah 50:46).

My people have become lost sheep. Their shepherds have led them astray. They have turned then away on the mountains.  They have gone from mountain to hill; they have forgotten their resting place (Jeremiah 50:6). Move from the midst of Babylon…  For it is the land of carved images, and they are insane with their idols (Jeremiah 50:38).

It is time for You to act, O LORD, for they have regarded Your law as void (Psalm 119:126).

This photograph is by Kristofer Rowe.

No comments:

Post a Comment