Monday, September 8, 2014

Gathering in Christ



Isaiah 7:14
Therefore, the LORD Himself will give you a sign: Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son and shall call His name Emmanuel.

Jesus Christ was born into this world, not from it…. He is not man becoming God, but God Incarnate, God coming into human flesh, coming into it from the outside. His life is the Highest and the Holiest entering in at the lowliest door. Our LORD’s birth was an advent… He must come into me from the outside. Have I allowed my personal human life to become a “Bethlehem” for the Son of God?

“You must be born again.” This is not a command; it is a foundation fact. The characteristic of the new birth is that I yield myself so completely to God that Christ is formed in me. Immediately Christ is formed in me, His nature begins to work through me. [Ed: Emmanuel!] God made manifest in the flesh -- that is what is made profoundly possible for you and me by the Redemption.

Excerpts from Oswald Chambers
Daily Devotional Bible, Reading 251 (9/8)
  From My Utmost for His Highest

This photograph is by Liz Burnell.

No comments:

Post a Comment