Monday, August 11, 2014

Gathering in Christ




Job 13:15
Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him.

Job cannot explain his sufferings by saying, “I am being punished because I have done wrong.” [Instead he says], “Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him.” I will wait [persevere] for Him. Always remain true to facts and to the intuitive certainty that God must be just, and do not try to justify Him too quickly. The juggling trick tries to justify God for allowing sin and war. Sin and war are absolutely unjustifiable, and yet the instinct of every Christian needs to be, “I know that in the end God will justify Himself.” Meantime you can justify Him only by a venture of faith which cannot be logically demonstrated.


Excerpts from Oswald Chambers
Daily Devotional Bible, Reading 223 (8/11)
From Baffled to Fight Better

This photograph is by Eric Jonas Swensson.

No comments:

Post a Comment