Saturday, June 7, 2014

The Fall (Pun Intended) of 2008





Thank You, Lord, for the “womb of the morning” – the quiet times we spend together before each day begins, and here You mention it in Psalm 110:3. Lord, how excellent to be able to climb into the cleft of Your Rock -- Your unshakeable Strength and Goodness and Love and Protection and Safety. It is joy to be in Your embrace, to hear Your words of assurance and comfort that You have gathered Jacob, Your Israel, unto Yourself.  Lord, we no longer feed on ashes (Isaiah 44:20). We have been brought, by Your Gracious leading, into Your safe pastures of relationship, where we have walked and talked with You in the garden, where we have been spared from manmade agendas and programs that deplete our energies and divert our attentions from You and You alone, where we can hear You say, and absorb Your saying, “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name. You are Mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, nor shall the flame scorch you, for I AM the Lord your God.” My God -- the Holy One of Israel!  My Savior, our Savior, Who gave Egypt as our ransom since we were (and are!) precious in His sight. We have been honored, and God has loved us. Therefore, I shall fear not, for God is with me, with us, with everyone who is called by His name, whom He has created for His glory. God of Jacob, we who are grafted into Israel His Bride, I pray for the many who do not know, who cannot see, who cannot hear Your Truth though they have minds and ears and eyes!  Lord, my prayer this morning is this:

O let them hear and say,
“It is Truth!”

You tell me and all followers of Christ that we are Your witnesses, that I am Your servant whom You have chosen that many may know and believe You, Almighty God, and understand that You alone are God – that, besides You, there is no Savior. Those who do not embrace Your Life, oh Lord, shall be ashamed together, shall be hungry and their strength will fail; they will drink no water; they will be faint. For they do not know or understand – they cannot see.  They fall down before a block of wood. They feed on ashes.

 This photograph is by Kristofer Rowe.

No comments:

Post a Comment