Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Gathering in Christ




John 18:25-27
Now Simon Peter stood and warmed himself. 
Therefore they said to him, 
“You are not also one of His disciples, are you?” He denied it and said, “I am not!” One of the servants of the high priest, a relative of him whose ear Peter cut off, said, “Did I not see you in the garden with Him?” Peter then denied again, and immediately the rooster crowed.

Loyalty to Jesus Christ is the supernatural work of redemption wrought in me by the Holy Ghost who sheds abroad the love of God in my heart, and that love works efficaciously through me in contact with everyone I meet. I remain loyal to Him although every common sense fact gives the lie to Him and declares that He has no more power than a morning mist.

The loyalty of a missionary is to keep his soul concentratedly open to the nature of our Lord Jesus Christ. The men and women our Lord sends out on His enterprises are the ordinary human stuff, plus dominating devotion to Himself wrought by the Holy Ghost.

Excerpts from Oswald Chambers
Daily Devotional Bible, Reading 161 (6/10)
From My Utmost for His Highest

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.

No comments:

Post a Comment