Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Gathering in Christ




Luke 16:17
And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass away than for one tittle of the law to fail.

The moral law never alters….If we do not realize this, it is because we are less than alive… Immediately we are alive, life becomes a tragedy… When we realize this, then the Spirit of God convicts us of sin. Until a man gets there and see there is no hope, the Cross of Jesus Christ is a farce to him…

I, a guilty sinner, can never get right with God -- it is impossible. There is only one way in which I can get right with God, and that is by the death of Jesus Christ. I must get rid of the lurking idea that I can ever be right with God because of obedience -- which of us could ever obey God to absolute perfection?

Excerpts from Oswald Chambers
Daily Devotional Bible, Reading 112 (4/22)
From My Utmost for His Highest

This photograph was shared on the Facebook page of Joyce Meyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment