Monday, April 21, 2014

Gathering in Christ



Luke 15:28-31
But he as angry and would not go in. Therefore his father came out and pleaded with him. So he answered and said to his father, “Lo, these many years I have been serving you; I never transgressed your commandment at any time; and yet you never gave me a young goat that I might make merry with my friends. But as soon as this son of yours came, who has devoured your livelihood with harlots, you killed the fatted calf for him.” And he said to him, “Son, you are always with me, and all that I have is yours.”

As long as you have a personal interest in your own character, or any set ambition, you cannot get through into identification with God’s interests… I have to learn that the aim in life is God’s, not mine. God can crumple me up or exalt me. He can do anything He chooses. He simply asks me to have implicit faith in Himself and in His goodness…

Excerpts from Oswald Chambers
Daily Devotional Bible, Reading 111 (4/21)
From My Utmost for His Highest

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.

No comments:

Post a Comment