Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Eureka!



In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
- George Orwell

Just moments ago I returned home from a walk with my DOG, during which time I heard the following about opposites:

  • That the opposite of "pro-life" is not "pro-choice" but "pro-death."
  • That the opposite of "right" is either "left" or ""wrong." 
  • That the opposite of "straight" is not "gay" but "twisted." 

Forgive me if this sounds harsh. But I am trying to promote actual thinking about hard things. Thank you, George Orwell, for encouraging me to do all I can to invite civil discourse on topics that seem to make us uncomfortable. Help us, LORD, to speak truthfully with one another, learning to respect and tolerate our differences. Help us learn to be open and honest with You, with ourselves, and with one another... Amen!



No comments:

Post a Comment