Monday, January 13, 2014

Contemporary Psalms


1-13-14

But Jesus turned around, and when he saw her, He said, "Be of good cheer, daughter; your faith has made you well."
Matthew 9:22

"You must be born again" echoes in my ears. How changed I was to receive Salvation, yet the Lordship part came in a second pass, after a decade of reading and digesting the Word of God. It took time for me to learn to seek Him and discern His will and trust His leading and follow Him, sometimes into most unlikely places.

Thank You, LORD, for second birth, for activating the Holy Spirit within me, for leading me into the best ways to live by Your gentle beckoning and urging. Second birth is an immeasurably valuable gift, aka "inestimable" was the word we once used, back in the days when I thought the Church was a building. Thank You for the Quakers, who make the distinction by calling the building The Meeting Hose, and for calling what happens within it The Meeting. Thank You for assembling us, for connecting us divinely, and for presiding over our gatherings. Thank You for explaining so clearly that, when we meet, we meet in Christ -- literally. What a revelation You have given to Your people, O God, by Your Holy Spirit...by Your second birth.

And so, as a born-again believer, I call Jesus both my Savior and my LORD. And when you saw the multitudes, LORD, You were moved with compassion for the religious leaders were keeping the "sheep" from following the true Shepherd. Woe, LORD, woe! Please impart to all who call ourselves YOurs the eyes to see and knwo what they cannot now either see or know. Forgive, oh LORD, reveal and heal! Set Your people free! Open the gates to Your Care and Keeping! My ears resound to hear You saying to this broken world, "Let my people go."

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.

No comments:

Post a Comment