Saturday, December 7, 2013

Contemporary Psalms



12-7-13

A man's spirit brings him low, but a man of lowly spirit gains honor.
Proverbs 29:23

God on high, I am so blessed to know what I know! Thank You! And for the opportunity to share Your Bread of Life, Your Gospel of Good News others who languish like I was once, who thirst and are starving... May they be revived by Your soothing comfort and calm, replenished by Your wisdom and truth, and raised into New and Risen Life in Christ.

Blessed are the poor, the lowly, the eager to be filled and led by You, oh God Most High. Thank You for teaching us that You must increase, but for that to happen, we as human spirits must decrease. Thank You for the encouragement that it is not me who lives in me, but You, more and more, as I will allow. Therefore I present myself to You, the Maker of the Universe, as empty of my "stuff" -- a living sacrifice, offered for You to live in and through me in whatever way(s) You desire.

Increase in us, oh LORD! Have Your way with us! Your will be done here, on earth,  as it is in heaven! I pray we would this day bring You joy because we surrender our vessels, emptied of water, ready for Your oil...

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.



No comments:

Post a Comment