Friday, December 20, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


12-20-13

I shall speak of the might of Your awesome acts, and I will declare Your greatness. I shall utter the memory of Your great goodness and shall sing of 
Your righteousness.
Psalm 145:6-7

LORD, glad and grateful am I forever. I was able to trust You enough to obey YOu and see the fruit borne out over time. The evidence of my actual past helps me ask for miracles because I know You make them possible.  Mine have often echoed Bible replicas: the parting of the Red Sea, the people crossing through safely to the other side; the years in the wilderness; the crossing of the River Jordan; the tumbling walls of Jericho; the tomb of Lazarus; the birth of Issac to elderly us. LORD! And so many more.

Thank You for prompting me to tell of Your works in Whit's End and for giving me opportunities to sing Your praises through hymns, new songs, and stringed instruments.  What a joy it is to walk out my life using the gifts You have given me, led by Your Holy Spirit Who increases in me, receiving so much confirmation and affirmation that it seems to be echoing down long tunnels that lead me into Your Fullness of Life.

Awesome God! Thank You for making Your will known to one such as me: intelligent, self-sufficient, arrogant, rebellious, hard-hearted.... now transformed into wet clay to offer myself daily into Your Hands, oh Potter. I gladly surrender this vessel to You, absolutely, knowing that You will do whatever is best and good and right, even if You start all over as it was in the beginning. Because I trust You, I JOY in the adventure of each day, offering myself, this jar of clay, willing and teachable, discerning to be led by You anywhere, anywhere, anywhere -- even when it does not appear to be moving forward. This is my living sacrifice, gladly given.

This photograph was sent to me by Pamela Chandler.

No comments:

Post a Comment