Thursday, December 19, 2013

Contemporary Psalms

12-19-13

I will sing a new song to You, O God;.. the One who gives salvation... Rescue me and deliver me from the hand of foreigners whose mouth speaks lying words and whose right hand is a right hand of falsehood.
Psalm 144: 9-11

LORD, I read in Micah this morning that "her wounds are incurable, which reminds me of the tragic flaw in human beings we inherited from Adam and Eve. Thank You for that terminology, for it resonates in my Spirit -- it caused my heart joy and rejoicing to know that I know You have covered the wound in  me, and You have performed a heart transplant to replace the "mainspring" with one that is born anew. LORD, I thank You for penetrating our hearts, for electrifying those You inhabit to discern You, the true source of Life, and to be connected to You personally. LORD, may Your light be conducted through the rod to any heart that needs to be replaced. Give this beloved a new mainspring to be become a New Creation in Christ, reborn to sing a new song that soars high above all incurable wounds that are inescapable and indelible but for Your Shed Blood that covers us. Bring them into Your fold to break out and pass through the gate and go out of this broken world even while we live upon it. For this is an evil time, and we are utterly destroyed by a turncoat who has changed the heritage of Your people. How he has removed it from us! But we who belong to You shall sing a new song, rescued and delivered from the one who speaks lying words and whose right hand is a right hand of falsehood. I cherish whatever time may remain, and I look up, hoping we may see You in the morning...

The above post is based on Micah 1:1-3:12; Psalms 144:9-15; Proverbs 30:10; and Revelation 9:1-21. The photograph is another one by Carin Roaldset. This picture, like the other two I have posted,are from a book I assembled called Letters from Cornfield Point by Sally Ann D'Aquila which features the 
photography of Carin Roaldset.





No comments:

Post a Comment