Monday, December 2, 2013

Contemporary Psalms

 

12-2-13

... my chief joy...
Psalm 137:6

How You have transformed me, LORD! Once I was a driven, striving person seeking personal goals, ambitions, and "success" in the most worldly ways. When You allowed me to "run out of gas," I came to a screeching halt -- and for a while there, thought I was going to be a goner. But then You came to me and retrieved me from the precipice, and You carried me gently into Your fields of freedom, where You revived me and raised me into new Life. Now I Live in You, and by Your Holy Spirit, before the Father. Now my eyes are fixed on You and the amazing wonderfulness Who You Are.

You are my chief joy, and I thank You for making it so. I thank You with all that I have, with everything that can give thanks and praise , for You have done it for all of us -- each and every one of humankind. Therefore, I pray that others, known and unknown, will come into Your care and keeping -- that You will become their chief joy,too. Alleluia.

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.

No comments:

Post a Comment