Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


11-5-13

...the firmament in  heaven was like the color of an awesome crystal, stretched out over their heads...
Ezekiel 1:22

Yesterday I read in Psalm 119 the phrase, "the dawning of the morning" and recorded it as "the dawning of the awning." I though it was a mistake until this morning, when I read in Ezekiel's vision that the firmament in heaven "was like the color of an awesome crystal, stretched out ver their heads." A covering over head, like an awning! And then, in Verse 28 of Ezekiel 1, I read about the appearance of a rainbow, and realized I had a seen a glorious one just yesterday.

Yesterday -- foretelling today. I believe I am hearing an echo! That echo might be about the need for us, God's saints in Christ, to speak to a rebellious nation. It is a nation in which many (unwittingly!) have become impudent and stubborn. The scroll He has opened before us has writing on the inside and on the outside, and written on it are lamentations and mourning and woe. I/we (?!?) are not to be afraid of their words or dismayed by their looks, but ready to speak God's word as He opens the gate -- whether they hear or whether they refuse.

I could not prove facts that were foretold as forthcoming. But now, as prophesies unfold, we join the multitudes who refused to hear or  heed in having to swallow them. He had already told us, "Do not be rebellious like that rebellious house; open your mouth and eat what I give you." And what He has given us is full of lamentations and mourning and woe. Mercy, LORD, as we go through these last days under new plagues and a new Pharoah, awaiting the exodus that is promised by Your Shed Blood from the second passover.

This photograph by M&D Hills Photography is from a Facebook page called 
Live Life in Color.








No comments:

Post a Comment