Saturday, November 30, 2013

Contemporary Psalms



11-30-13

I will not be negligent to remind you... though you know and are established
in the present truth...
2 Peter 1:12-15

God on high, Your man Paul speaks so incisively these centuries later that his words pierce the darkness that is always seeking to cloud or conceal Your messages to us, Your flock, Your Heart. I love how he talks about "this tent" and is ever aware that shortly he (and we) must put off this tent. His mortality encourages us to be careful about how we walk out this earthly life, that it be devoted to following You and doing things Your way, preferring the better part that Christ so vividly revealed when walked among us. He wrote, "Moreover I will be careful to ensure that you always have a reminder of these things after my decease."

My decease. Thank You, LORD! Lately several of our beloveds have been faced with their mortality. One said, "Either this will be a documented healing, or it's my ticket home." Another did not receive any notice in advance. It was sudden cardiac arrest, and then he was gone.

Thank You for the reminder that we are all terminal when it comes to this earthly vale, this present life, this tent. But we are blessed who know and are established in the present truth: Life in Christ: We in Him and He in us. What blessed assurance it is to know that, for the believer, to be absent from the body is to be present with Christ in whom we already live and move and have our being. Indeed, it is a pearl beyond price to belong to the flock of Your Shepherd and to be attended perfectly in His tender care.

This is what I know and long to share with any and all who yearn for Your Light. I pray that You, the Present Truth, will be what is remembered of me after my decease.

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.


No comments:

Post a Comment