Sunday, November 24, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


11-24-13

Establish your hearts, for the coming of the LORD is at hand.
James 5:8

Everything points to the Day that is coming, LORD. I awoke at 5 a.m. to encounter a news headline proclaiming an agreement with Iran. But, LORD, it is a bad deal! Iran gets to buy time while being paid for it. A sucker's deal! Yet France and everybody else has signed onto, easing sanctions against Iran. LORD, are we fools and blind? I hear You saying, "I have told you..."

Thus I stand this day, interceding for souls who are wandering outside Your protection, asking, LORD, that many might be retrieved into New Life before Your second coming. Forgive them, Father, for they know not what they are doing. I was just like that! I simply could not see what I could not see. It was only because You came to me in Person and gently lifted the veils from my eyes, sweetly revealing that You are who You say You are, that I finally saw I had been wrong. Every opinion I had so ferociously held was held by my integrity. It would have been dishonest for me to pretend, and You didn't want that. You knew I simply could not see what I could not see, and You did not want me pretending that I could.

You were not angry with me, nor did You condemn me in any way. Instead, You simply showed me! It hurt my heart, and I grieved to see how wrong I had been, holding firmly to opinions that were not true. I had been cruelly blindfolded until the day You came and sat with me, singing, softening my crusty shell, piercing the darkness with Your Lovely Light. Thank You that I wept with Godly sorrow and was received into Your Arms to live in You and according to Your Light. Thank You that You also live in me. Undeserved! Unearned! Your Mercy is so gracious, so priceless... I pray You will grant that same Mercy, that awesome privilege of Second Birth into Spiritual Senses, to others, to so many beloveds. May they see and know and come to You, LORD Christ, established in their hearts, for the Day of Your coming is at hand.

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.


No comments:

Post a Comment