Thursday, October 10, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


10-10-13

Thus says the LORD, "Stand in the ways and see, and ask for the old paths where the good way is, and walk in it; then you will find rest for your souls." But they said, "We will not walk in it. We will not listen." Therefore, God will certainly bring calamity because they have not heeded His words nor His law, but rejected it. He says, "Your burnt offerings are not acceptable, 
nor your sacrifices sweet to Me."

Jeremiah 6:16-20

Oh Father, Son and Holy Spirit, we who have been born again are ministers of the mystery that had been hidden from generations but now through Christ has been revealed. I rejoice that Your Truth came to me, as it has also to all the world, and that it is bringing forth fruit as it has since the day I heard and (finally!) knew Your Grace through Christ, Who is the Head of the Body in Whom I live and move and have my being, Who is the firstborn from the dead in order that, in all  things, He may have the pre-eminence. I once was lost -- so lost -- completely alienated from You, Your enemy actually, because I thought I was self-sufficient; I thought I was a "good person" because of all the "good works" I was busy doing, doing, and doing. I did not realize that I was being motivated by my EGO needs and not by Your Holy Spirit; I did not know. I simply did not know.

Nevertheless, You came to reconcile me! You made it plain through death to my self and by raising me from that death into Your New Life. In You, I am a New Creation. Because of You, oh Savior and LORD of my life, I am presented holy and blameless before the Father. I thank You so much for rebirthing me, who was once so unmerciful and insufferable toward You, our Passover Lamb. Thank You for Your merciful kindness, for imparting to me the hope that in in You. I am blessed among women to belong to You, God Most High!

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.

No comments:

Post a Comment