Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


9-3-13

I am my beloved's, and my beloved is mine. He feeds his flock among the lilies.
Song of Solomon 6:3

I am a lily in His field, swaying in the Sonlight, endued with treasure of eternal value: Life in the Son! What a bright, Light-filled day it is in any weather: to worship in His care and keeping; to let Him, the Tender Shepherd, tend and attend His own as who follow Him anywhere He leads. Sometimes it seems a strange place or a difficult detour or an impossible dream. But if He leads me to it, He leads me through it (as I have come to know from the first-hand evidence). And so I know that my eyes shall see what I now see but dimly. 

And so, faith, hope, and love abide, but the greatest of these is love. What I have, I give freely and with amplitude by the Spirit of God Who lives in  me: Bread of Life and Living Water, treasures from heaven, eternally priceless in Christ our Savior and LORD. May He rule and reign in our hearts, both now and forever, amen.

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.

No comments:

Post a Comment