Saturday, August 24, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


8-24-13

Indeed the river may rage, yet he is not disturbed; he is confident though the Jordan gushes into his mouth, though he takes it in his eyes or 
one pierces his nose with a snare.
Job 40:23-24

LORD, we know You protect us while we live in this vale, in a world that is wild , neither nor tameable -- a world in which everyone pretends we can rule the weather and can take the untameable and tame it. You say it cannot be done.

Insanity of men is being poured out, piercing humankind like a ring in each person's nose, leading us toward captivity and bondage to man-made lies. Only You can protect us who belong to You, who are gathered as Your flock, and I pray our actions and our flesh will behave accordingly. I know that You are protecting us from the horrors that loom ahead like treacherous ravines. Indeed even now as we walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, we cry out against those who minimize and distort Your Truth. Your Word assures me this day, oh God, that, in Christ, I will not be brought under the power of any other, for I am joined to You, LORD, and am one spirit with You. Therefore I declare to glorify You in my body and in my spirit, which belong to You! Amen and amen: I will not be afraid.

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.



No comments:

Post a Comment