Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Contemporary Psalms



7-3-13

If we are faithless, He will remain faithful, for He cannot disown Himself.
2 Timothy 2:13

Holy Triune God, I need a brand-new start as I recover from past choices I have made, unwittingly, regarding Rigorous Honesty and Speaking Truth in Love. You have so mercifully revealed "the gadflys" to me -- fear in various forms convincing me that Denial or Minimization of my true feelings would lead me back to disaster -- physical or mental or emotional or all three. I have erroneously believed those lies, and others, including the lie that "If I don't say it, no one will." Now You are coaching me, saying, "Resist these lies, as you have been doing recently -- recognizing the lies and rebuking them in My Name. It's not your job to correct the mores or the vocabularies of this broken world -- it's Mine. Leave it all to Me."

And so, Lord, I will persevere in discerning the mouth of a hungry lion BEFORE I put my head into its mouth; also I will speak, when I speak, with as much kindness as I can muster. Thank You for revealing that the word "love" is a simply something I do not yet comprehend. Yet.

Thank You for telling me to  experiment with "speaking without a word." For revealing that SILENCE can speak louder than words! For showing me that I do understand the word "kindness," so I can practice using that. Thank You that You love me even though I have erred, trying to be salt. You want us to be salt, but not so salty that gag. I will pray and intercede, allowing to release Your power.

Thank You, LORD, for Your revelation and insight -- and for the practice. It is astonishing and amazing to proceed knowing I have Your Mercy and Forgiveness -- and a brand-new start.

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color


No comments:

Post a Comment