Thursday, July 11, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


7-11-13

But My people would not heed My voice, and Israel would have none of Me, so I gave them over to their own stubborn heart, to walk in their own counsels.
Psalm 81-11-2

It is truly thrilling, LORD, to read about the chains breaking off Paul and Silas as they sang, imprisoned, after having been severely beaten by the multitude. I saw an image on Facebook yesterday of handcuffs -- huge handcuffs(!) around wrists held up for the camera. The caption (approximately) read as follows, "Only God can break these chains." And so I pray, LORD, for You Alone are able to break all chains of bondage off all people in bondage! This I pray in faith, committing my heart to believe that You are already on the way, oh Holy Triune God! Selah.

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.



No comments:

Post a Comment