Friday, June 7, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


6-7-13

These things I have spoken to you that you might have peace. In the world you will have tribulation, but be of good cheer: I have overcome the world.
John 16:33

It was a victory over self-pity and self-anything when I saw that the battle was not mine. There was a battle, but it was between spiritual powers and principalities, between darkness and Light. And the Light won. 

That was yesterday, today is Today. And today I have Your Light again, Lord Christ, as my Guide and my Assurance. Even as this world and its ways crumble and fall to pieces, I know that all will be well at last, for You have told us; You have told me. You have told us that we are indeed living in Broken Babylon, so we will sorrow as the walls fall down. But for mere moments! And You assure us, our sorrow will be turned to joy. Joy in the mourning and joy after that, in You, the Morningstar. Christ, you are now and always will be the joy and rejoicing of my heart. I pray You will come for us soon -- soon and very soon!

This photograph if from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.

No comments:

Post a Comment