Sunday, June 16, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


6-16-13

You will weep and lament, but the world will rejoice; and you will be sorrowful, but your sorrow will be turned to joy... 
that a human being has been born into the world...
John 16:20-21

It's Father's Day, and this home has a father; this home has a family in it, thanks to You, oh God. We are so grateful for the tripod You Yourself set up, using us. As terrified as I was, as were were, to become parents, now I cannot imagine life without this son, who was Your idea, Your opinion, Your divine intervention.

I honoring my husband, we also remember my father and his -- kind men, loyal men who did the best they could in very hard times, from the Great Depression through World War
II and afterwards, in taxations so heavy that people had to work half a year before they got to keep their own money.

Yet they did it, and we honor him and Barry's father whom I never m]knew, and Barry who has done an excellent job as the father of Ned. He stood by me to have Ned, to deliver Ned, answering Your call to him to be a parent, a mighty man, surrendered to Your power. I ask Your blessing on him, heavenly Father, upon this earthly man who did not want to be a parent, who nonetheless obeyed You and became Ned's father.  Glory, glory, glory -- and amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment