Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


6-12-13

Come and see...
John 1:38-39

Father in Heaven, thank You for revealing that pride is the sin of making self our god. Thank You for revealing that self-interest and self-sufficiency (indeed, self-anything!) need to be erased, that EGO stand for Easing God Out. Thank You for imparting Life to me, to lead me in everything in every way as much as I will alllow. Lord Christ, I put no conditions on my life but instead pray that You be everything to me, for You have made a way where there was no way, and I abide in You as You abide in me.

It is my prayer to thank You, GOD, for awakening Life even where self-interest still reigns. Thank You for Your promise that You are able and willing to erase our pride, our self-sufficiency, our self-interests. Thank You for "the reign" that installs You as Head of my life and for providing so much evidence in my past that I can be strong when facing trials in the present.

I stand in the gap for beloveds who do not yet know that humility is a blessing, that allowing You to rule and reign is actually surrendering to Your Power -- not to something
counterfeit or capricious, but to You Who is Gracious and Altogether Good -- GOD, who is FOR us, not against us. Thank You that many will taste and see that You, GOD, are the best way for us to live, and that in Christ, we have Fullness of Life, not only for a day, but for eternity.

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.

No comments:

Post a Comment