Saturday, May 11, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


5-11-13

Vengeance is Mine, I will repay says the Lord...
Romans 12:19

Thank You, Father God, for the assurance that You return wickedness... that You will not be mocked, that You can trump (and will) trample the lying which they speak and have spoken. In the meantime, Lord, I lay down the anger that edges my heart, lest it scorch my prayers, making them unacceptable in Your sight. I pray for our enemies: those who persecute and spitefully use Your people. I pray that Godly sorrow may rise up and lead them into deep despair and that, through it, they, like me, will find Your Fields of Freedom and Your Wings of Encircling Love. I speak Salvation in Christ over those who hate us and curse You now. Lord, I pray Your will reveal and heal -- as You did (and do!) for me. You came and got me. You were (and are) lavish in Your Mercy and Grace. I pray You will do the same for those who curse us now, for whom we pray -- in Christ and by Your Holy Spirit -- amen!

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.

No comments:

Post a Comment