Sunday, March 10, 2013

Contemporary Psalms

3-10-13

When you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.
Mark 11:25

Father, I believe "forgiveness" means that I agree with You about my powerlessness over other people, places, and things, but at the same time, that requires me to hand everything over to You. Therefore I give-for You to handle; I forgive! Tolerance then becomes possible. There will always be differing opinions, also requiring me to give for You to handle. Help us, LORD< to speak civilly with one another even when we disagree. To do this requires being SOAKED in Mercy -- Your Mercy, Your Forgiveness. "May I humbly submit that xxx or yyy or zzz..." Speaking up, not stuffing it, refusing to be silenced by political correctness or the maddening crowd is scary and hard to do. But in Christ and by Your Holy Spirit, Father, I pray to do what I can do. Therefore I listen and heed Your Voice as best I can, knowing that aligning with You will smooth my walk through life and make me glad to be accountable to You at the last. And so I join this day, this beautiful morning, in the great amen!

This photograph is from a Facebook page called Live Life in Color.

No comments:

Post a Comment