Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


2-26-13

My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life unto those that find them and health to all their flesh.
Proverbs 4:20-22

Today Your Word is encouraging me to wait on You, LORD, to be of good courage as You strengthen my heart. I hear You say, "Wait on the Lord!" I hear You say that wisdom is on the lips of him who has understanding; I hear You reminding me about the woman who'd suffered an unstoppable flow of blood for twelve years. Yet when she pressed in for Your healing help, she was healed, and You said to her, "Daughter, your faith has made you well." 

I am NOT to be afraid! I am to believe -- only believe -- watching and waiting for Your perfect timing, Your Will, Your Way. It's been thirty years now, but because I know I I have PRESSED into You, I know that I know "the child is not dead, but sleeping." And I hope for the day when we might sing and say, "As for me and my house, we will serve You, Lord!"

This photograph is by Kent Phyfe, whose work can be seen (and purchased!) on kphyfephoto.com



No comments:

Post a Comment