Saturday, February 23, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


2-23-13

The wise in heart accept commands, but a chattering fool comes to ruin.
Proverbs 10:8

LORD, You Yourself turned over the tables in the temple and spoke strongly against hip-checking You for the sake of our traditions. Therefore, while I dwell on the earth, I seek to meet with You, up close and personal, meditating upon Your Word, conversing with You in prayer; I seek to obey You in a world legislating laws that do not. 

By Your Grace, I will obey the law of the land(s) in which I dwell, while I dwell on the earth. But I ask You, LORD, to reveal (and lead me away from!) codified unbelief. Thank You for standing me up and then, for helping me mind my own business after that. Thank You for the practice of trusting You to nurture and tend Your Seed. With all my heart, I thank You, GOD. Holy, Triune God! 

This artwork is by Veronica Benning, who is exhibiting more of her pieces on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment