Friday, February 22, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


2-22-13

Jesus said to him, "... what is that to you? You follow Me."

LORD, it is hard for me when other people do not see what I see, especially when it feels as if they think it's a mistake or in some way eccentric. Yet I hear You saying, "What is it to you what the others are doing? You, follow Me." This is hard, and sometimes it feels as though my outstretched hand is being pushed away. I remember You saying that what was true in Your Life will also be also true of Your Life in me! And so I thank You, LORD, that crucifixion is not going to be my destiny. Thank You for taking that gruesome penalty and paying for the totality of Sin. Mine is simply to follow You, walking in the Risen Life You wrought for those of us who hear You and follow at any cost.

This painting is by Veronica Benning. See more of her luscious work on Facebook.


No comments:

Post a Comment