Friday, February 1, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


2-1-13

Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things 
shall be added unto you.
 (Matthew 6:33)

First things first is You, Lord, for me, whom You chose to receive this truth and to digest it into my body, heart, and mind. All that I have, Lord Christ, I surrender to You, starting with this vessel, this clay jar, seeking You, inviting You to increase more and more that I myself and my ego and my stuff might be less and less. Thank You for encouraging me to step out of the way, to get out of the way, to show up and listen to You and to follow You along the way. Thank You for the "womb of the morning" which gives me the quiet to discern Your wisdom and assurance. Thank You that my gratitude list is as tall as I am. May this day of my earthly life be about thanking You and praising You, giving You all glory, for it is to glorify You that I was born!  I hear You singing over me -- and twirling! -- and I am amazed that my life has bee made an acceptable sacrifice, a living sacrifice. Thank You, Jesus, for making The Way for us. I follow!

This painting is by Veronica Benning. See more of her work on her Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment