Thursday, January 31, 2013

Contemporary Psalms



1-31-13

Trust! Trust in You, oh God, is what I need to quell the Fear of Man that looms over me and tries to frighten me. I have to confess that I do feel frightened -- a lot and often. It's because I feel a disconnect between who I am in Christ, as opposed to the way others may see me. Holy Spirit, arise, I pray, and help me walk in the truth that what other people think of me is none of my business. You have already gathered Your People into Your True Body under Your Headship. Help us to see the simplicity You offer, open many eyes to this true truth, that we who live in Christ are Alive indeed -- safe, and joyous and free!

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord not for men... It is the Lord Christ you are serving (Colossians 3:23-24).

This painting by Claudia Wood Rahm is called I Am the Vine. See more of her work on Facebook at CWR Color Unchained.

No comments:

Post a Comment