Monday, January 28, 2013

Contemporary Psalms


1-28-13

LORD, You are LORD -- not just one among many higher powers, but The Highest Power! You alone are FOR us and not against us. Thank You for warning us about the lies of the immoral woman, who lures us to run with the tide of political correctness that encourages us to call bitter sweet or to remain "discreetly neutral." You sing to us, LORD, wooing us away from her paths that lead to disaster and death.. Thank You for pulling me (and my family) off the verge of ruin. Thank You for teaching us not to fall for her, nor settle for anyone less than You. I am blessed to know You Are Who You Say You Are, and I only know this because You Yourself have shown me. Thank You for manifesting Yourself in ways that are up close and personal, experiential and real. Daily I have evidence! Daily You feed me the food of faith and I arise to sing Your praise. Thank You for bringing me out of doctrine and into dialogue. Dry bones no more! These bones shall live!

I have set the LORD always before me: because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved (Psalm 16:8).

This painting by Claudia Wood Rahm is called Rahab's Window. See more of her work on Facebook at CWR Color Unchained.

No comments:

Post a Comment